On a random day (before the royal wedding) these are the subject headings of BBC News as received on my I- pad:
– Playing fantasy football with artificial intelligence
– “FatTax” row forces New Look price review
– Single, 30,and time to leave home
– Meghan’s father may not attend wedding
– Dealing with a child who won’t sleep
– Kristen Stewart goes barefoot at Cannes
– How to dress a royal groom
– Willow Smith reveals how she used to self- harm
– Scariest moment in my police career
– Are these (photo) Yorkshire pudding or Yorkshire pancakes?
– Cold war over ice cream at school
– House-bound woman crowd-funds for chair
– Arsenal’s medical head, Lewin, loses job
Meanwhile, the world was roiled by the Trump policy on Iran, protestors were being shot in Gaza, autocrats were being elected in countries like Hungary, Turkey, etc, mini-wars against terrorism were popping up all over Africa. Brexit was in its usual chaos, Argentina was going broke – yet again, etc, etc.
What is wrong with the BBC? It used to be the prime newscaster, respected throughout the world. No wonder people get their news from Facebook. You have to get it from somewhere, even if it’s fake.